Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My License to Spill

She cranes her hand.  One, two, three, four, five rapid punches to the chest and Bill doubles over in pain and disbelief.

"Pai Mei taught you the five-point-palm exploding heart technique?" he asks.
"'Course he did," replies the bride in tears.

Yes!  She did it!  She came all this way and she did it. 

Maybe Kill Bill is not the greatest example of a profound feminist film, but it worked similarly on my 14 year old brain.  It seems I had never seen it end that way before, didn't even know that the woman could win too.  

And she did more than win.  She kicked ass.  I was inspired.

In college, I've studied the feminist discourse closely.  The burning bra culture has screamed my name since my glory days in Elementary School, where I would routinely push the boys around on the soccer field for a chance to shine.

Now I apply it to more than just myself.  It's in my passions: films, music, culture.  It's in the news every single day.

It's a woman's point of view.  And you should know about it.  Read on.

About Me by penispump

No comments:

Post a Comment